Our Mission, Vision and Goals
Wachusett Medical Reserve Corps (WMRC) is a local network of
public health, medical, safety and other ancillary volunteers organized to improve the health and safety of their communities.
communities, with the help of skilled volunteers, will be well informed, prepared, healthy and safe. (2020)
Our goals are to use planning processes, developed
policies and procedures, and training with response partners to:
- Conduct periodic informal assessments of community needs and resourcesrelated
to health education, safety and prevention of illness.
- Recruit, enroll and maintain a corps of healthcare and non-healthcare volunteers sufficient
to respond to a public health emergency related to natural or manmade disasters or emerging diseases in north Worcester County.
- Develop and maintain a framework to match volunteers’ skills with the community’s needs, including medical
opportunities for volunteers to assist with non-emergency public health functions/initiatives, such as health education, vaccination
clinics and public awareness campaigns.
- Deliver comprehensive training opportunities to volunteers through simulation exercises, classroom training and access
to online education resources.
- Foster a culture of acceptance, recognition of the value of volunteers, and utilization of volunteer staffing within
north Worcester County.